[relaxng-user] conformance and datatype libraries

David Tolpin dvd at davidashen.net
Sun Jan 11 17:03:53 ICT 2004

> On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 13:46:19 +0900
> "MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)" <EB2M-MRT at asahi-net.or.jp> wrote:
>

> > A validator that claims to support a datatype library is NOT required to detect
> > incorrect type names, incorrect parameter names and values, and incorrect values
> > (i.e., the content of <value>) in that datatype library.  This is my understanding
> > of the RELAX NG spec and "Guidelines for using W3C XML Schema Datatypes with RELAX NG".
>
> I am afraid that I made a mistake.  The last para of 4.16 is very clear.
>
> 	A data or value element must be correct in its use of datatypes. Specifically,
> 	the type attribute must identify a datatype within the datatype library
> 	identified by the value of the datatypeLibrary attribute. For a data
> 	element, the parameter list must be one that is allowed by the datatype
> 	(see Section 6.2.8).

Yes. And the problem, is that a datatypeLibrary, in the way it is specified, does not
provide means to check for it until the validation process reaches an attribute.

The two privitives are datatypeAllows and datatypeEqual. There is no datatypeValid,
while it should be, in my opinion. Or am I getting this wrong?

David